*Change of site ownership*

bobster1982

Club Member
Aug 9, 2007
Grimsby
After speaking to JJ as of today I have taken sole control and ownership of UKcougar.org and everything contained on it.

It is my intention to keep the site running as is for the minute and I will be discussing with mods about changing the complete structure of how this site runs. It will most likely be going down a donation based route or remain a yearly price with someone other than myself in control of the money with accounts and reports.

A banner will be sorted ASAP as well as the liability insurance. I will attempt to get both sorted this week coming in between night shifts.

I will also be appointing new admin from the mods team and bringing moderators into the team from the members.

what the hell have I let myself in for..........

Rob

I am really pleased that we have reached a conclusion.

Time me to press on forwards doing what we at UKC do best.....

Without taking anything away from jj, i think this is a real turning point for UKC.org. Hopefully this is leading to a rejuvinated forum with more good times ahead. Well done on the aquisition Rob, keep ya head down mate and don't ever volunteer! :)

Good news and well done just let me know if I can be of any help in what ever way as I will fully support the new way forward and just what our club and forum to grow and be successful

Well this comes as a bit of a suprise to be honest but I am sure a welcome one to the clubs subscribers / members. Maybe things will be alot clearer now and in future. Look forward to see what happens from now on in and the direction it is taken.
Onwards and upwards I guess.

Let's not forget the work that Jason has put into the club in the past, I'm sure that he has been as passionate about the club as many newer members and long standing members are now. It's very gracious of him to stand down and let the people that have brought this change about take the reins and give the club some forward momentum.

It has been good to see that people still have a passion to see the club move forward and I have been pleased that the arguments put forward haven't gone down the route that so many before them have, it seems that you are all getting the club moving in the direction that you want and I for one will be glad to see this put to bed. Obviously I am not an owner anymore but as a former owner for 9 years, I still care about the car and the club, good luck with the new regime.

I'm pleased to see this, and Rob I applaud you for taking this on.

Hopefully we can all look to the future now and drive the club forward.

Rob, happy to help out in any way I can.

I think that is the question that everyone wanted the answer to. But i also think this is why the club has changed hands as well. Jason could have answered the question but in handing it all over there is no need to answer it anymore.
Maybe best left as it is now and we all move on. But the issue of subs needs looking at asap and a decision needs to be made in the best interests of this club.

The club changing hands does not answer the question peter!!! I had no problem with Jason owning the rights to the club name my problem was that I wanted to know where my subs had gone which is the question I still want answered and was also the question posed by several other members who I am sure would also like to know

The club changing hands does not answer the question peter!!! I had no problem with Jason owning the rights to the club name my problem was that I wanted to know where my subs had gone which is the question I still want answered and was also the question posed by several other members who I am sure would also like to know

I dont think we are going to get the answer to that question i am afraid. You have got to read between the lines here i think. Why would anyone just hand over something as great as this club without even posting up an answer to the question. Jason will have his reasons for doing this and that is his choice.
The way forward now is to highlight how much this club costs to run, then come up with a fair way of paying for it.
Quite simple really.

Jason could have answered the question but in handing it all over there is no need to answer it anymore.

Maybe best left as it is now and we all move on.

On both counts, why? Are we all to just write the monies off as lost? OK, it's not a huge amount to any one person, but collectively it's a lot. If someone - it matters not who - can clearly illustrate a costed breakdown of where and how the monies paid into this club have been spent, then we can move on. I'm pleased that the club appears to be undergoing a change that will see it run more in accordance with the preferences of it's paying membership, but what has gone before cannot just be dismissed as unimportant or inconsequential.

^^^ Precisely this ^^^ The specific identity of the holder of the club purse does not concern me. Clarity on what has come in, what has gone out and to where, does.