The Clubs Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRT803

Tech Admin
Club Admin
Mar 30, 2012
Nottingham
Something that I've been meaning to do for some time now, but due to my personal circumstances changing in the last 3 months, I just haven't had time. So.. for the last 2 days I've been making a present for the club.

Since we moved to the new domain of UKCougar.org we have had a new design, that has never been quite finished. The observant ones will have noticed that the home link (and the cougar logo) which link to the main site, has just been a holding page redirecting people to the forums.

This section is now open!!!

There is still work to do on it, and I'm open to suggestions and improvements. I'm away after the 25th, so leave your suggestions and I'll work through them when I return.

Hope you all like it. :cool:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

Mark

Looking good, well done for all your hard work on this and other parts of the forum (y) thumbs up doesn't seem much for all your hard work but it is greatly appreciated

Spot on mark thanks really finishes the club web site and a good overview of both the club and the car

Some thoughts for the front page...........feel free to shoot me down!

• Links to digital copies of the ford handbooks (some here but would be better to host our own copies IMO)
  • Gallery of Members cars
  • Couple of sentences explaining that in preference to advertising we have a subscription policy, and the benefits that come with it, including show attendance
  • A section detailing upcoming (and past) club events

opinions?

Good suggestions.

To expand on your gallery of members cars, I was thinking about transforming the garage homepage into this sort of thing. The pictures are there already and it would be a vast improvement over the current mess it is. Then on the homepage have a random picture come which is taken from the garage.

Events page would be good, with event name, description, location & map, links to the forum discussions / payment threads. Then for past events, link to thread with pictures / feedback etc.

If we could put together a few paragraphs explaining what you gain from subscribing that would be great. I know Rob's thread is here, but it could do with expanding a little and maybe at the bottom put in a few testimonies from people, I've seen a few recently saying how much they have benefited from subscribing.

Adding files is fine, but may impacted our bandwidth, would have to monitor it for a while.

Good suggestions.

To expand on your gallery of members cars, I was thinking about transforming the garage homepage into this sort of thing. The pictures are there already and it would be a vast improvement over the current mess it is. Then on the homepage have a random picture come which is taken from the garage.

Yep pretty much what I was thinking, the vehicle images are already there just pull them through to the front page.
The Garage needs a massive overhaul but probably an exercise in it's own right!

Events page would be good, with event name, description, location & map, links to the forum discussions / payment threads. Then for past events, link to thread with pictures / feedback etc.

Is it possible to embed maps? tried to do this before but couldn't get it to work

If we could put together a few paragraphs explaining what you gain from subscribing that would be great. I know Rob's thread is here, but it could do with expanding a little and maybe at the bottom put in a few testimonies from people, I've seen a few recently saying how much they have benefited from subscribing.

Sounds good

Adding files is fine, but may impacted our bandwidth, would have to monitor it for a while.

Cloud storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.