What Have You Done to Your Cougar Today?

Nope needed the whole thing Bumper to Bumper so they say. Only thing not in that pile is the engine harness, door harnesses, tail lights, tag light, and anything in the roof. Plan B on the car. Mainly because Im tired of not driving it. So many things have been spliced its actually easier to start new. Just a little here's what I've been upto in my time away.

Spent 43 bucks and finally got that little piece of harness I needed.
e635f281421f5bd748786e7dbf3bed47.jpg

Come and untangle my Christmas lights, be a piece of p... after that.

I've actualy got something in my garage that looks very similar to that, except it's the body loom for a C2, (don't ask).

I only keep it around as a source of free automotive-grade wire, connectors and sensors.

I still cant figure out how I have 3 99 cougars and .5 00 cougars..... but no complete wire harnesses. Crazy how things go weird like that. Like I have 5 or 6 2.5L intakes and only have 2 3.0 engines and 2 2.5L engines. So a big WTF??

As for christmas lights...... there's a reason the only decoration on my house is a wreath lol.

MOT.
Been using son's 'L' Ka quite a bit lately, let the Cougar MOT expire mid-December.
Booked in for noon today, failed on loose rear ARB droplink.
Over to my mechanic, rang his local supplier, droplink dropped off at his twenty minutes later.
Once the job on the lift was finished, and another that was in the queue, mine went up, ten minute job and back down.
Back to the MOT station, a PASS and home by three-thirty.
£25 for the test & £25 part and labour.

I'm sure it didn't do any harm, that my mechanic had an MOT booked that caused him to be at the tester's the same time I returned:devilish:.

Oh and both cars had a wash this morning - washed off the layer of ice first then the muck :D

Well done on the result, that’s an impressive time table you achieved. I’m a big fan of a clean car going to the MOT. I just think it shows I care. My car will always be washed, tidied and oil water and lights checked.

(At MOT time, not so much other times )

Last edited:
Given the timing, the weather, and the inavailability of the valeters because of Covid, I apologised to my tester yesterday for presenting him with a dirty car.

He said "Chris, I know that you wouldn't want to. I could white glove Jinxy and this one [Wildcat] usually. Don't worry about it. Makes no difference to me, but I appreciate the respect."

So there you are.

Well today, i thought i should venture out into the cave and check on DG. I havn't been out there since i don't know when and can't remember the last time i went for a drive so i was half expecting a flat battery. I took my brainy charger out with me just in case but key in, turned and up she fired. Didn't even need any pedal. To rotate the tyres i reversed out the garage and up the drive then back again . I must go for a drive round town.

Bless you Al, when I had Wildcat, she would sit under her covers for more than 6 months without being moved. Always started first turn of the key. Now I'm working from home, my Mondy is in much the same position. I have a trickle charger set up to keep the battery ticking over, although Rach is presently using it for work, as her car died the other night on the way home (alternator fried itself), so at least the Mondy will get a run every day.

At risk of thread jack but nothing, again. I have at least set eyes upon her in the garage.

On the more positive side I have relocated the palm that has grown so big I have to park at odd angles to stop it rubbing against the car(s) on the drive.
I also de brambled the area of the garden we refer to as “the bank” and then was drawn into pruning our trees as a new neighbour grumbled.
Which lead to my squeezing the EXTENSION ladder out of the garage and my seeing the Cougar.

I heroically avoided pointing out to new neighbour that the trees where there before they moved in and maybe they should have considered this earlier. To be fair to the guy, he was equally polite.

Now I’m knackered, def too old and not fit enough for gardening.

Note, next house must be in the middle of nowhere and have a bigger garage, maybe a barn would be useful as a garage.

Last edited:
Rigged-up one of these:

B5227088-3105-4EFA-97F8-C5663D88C3E7.jpg

plus one of these:

EAB98CBF-22B2-47F9-89C2-AAC5DF8C9DBC.jpg

to my US OEM head unit to enable Bluetooth streaming from my phone.

The audio quality over the wireless, 12v socket powered type I used previously is like night and day. (y)

(I swapped the rectangular switch for a circular one as it was much easier to just drill a round hole.)

Oh yes, meant to say; I had to fetch DG out of the cave yesterday to go and post a letter 🙄. Last time I turned the key was Xmas eve so I was half expecting a non start but thaaar she blew, first time, no messing. OK so off to the Post box I go, when I got back into the seat and buckled up, I checks me rear view mirror like a good lad should and there it was! Damn thing up there, lit up like a bloody Christmas tree. I mean, I've probably done 500 miles since the last time it happened. Yep, next to my red snowflake a bloody orange spanner. 🤨 I must admit to saying a few words out loud even though it was just me and DG. 🤔. Well, first time out since Xmas so I drove the long way home taking in all those lovely private country roads. It was great just to be out there again 👍