What Have You Done to Your Cougar Today?

Rear centre of the pan Dan, where all good drain plugs should be :LOL:. I run DG up onto my mini ramps which gives me just enough room to get the ratchet onto the plug. Oil filter fitted from above alty. POC ;)

Pid, now that's a fine Zorst you got there, shame the V6 cant be as direct.
The sump plug bulge can be seen if that's your interest !

Well, yesterday actually. Pulled the passenger side wheel, caliper and disc, Degreased with newspaper then petrol in rag and old washing up bowl.
Cut off the damaged CV joint gaitor. Cleaned up some more. Fitted the split Bailcast gaitor and carefully glued the joint. Packed it with the grease, fitted the end clamps. Cleaned the disc and pad ( they seemed OK but lets be sensible here ) Cleaned the inside of the rim, this def had been catching the grease thrown from the damaged gaitor.
Reassemble everything and test drive and complete all of this ( mostly ) with my left hand.
This is my second use of a bailcast. I fitted one maybe 6 years ago as a temp repair. A glued joint probably won't last but if I get 12 months out of it I'll worry more then. 6 years later the original glued bailcast on the inner CV joint is still there and sound. I now have one on the outer joint both on the same drive shaft.

Replaced dodgy coolant hose, 2 new front tyres and wheel balance (which has stopped it shaking when I hit 60).
Looking forward to a pleasant drive up north tomorrow morning. (y)

Well today I have replaced front brake lines, installed Goodrich braided brake hoses, fitted exhaust, charged battery, put new pins in passenger door and levelled it, changed scuttle panels, fitted wipers with built in washer jets and ... are you sitting down?

I have changed Oil and Filter (y)

sorry for silence , my cougar is still alive this month has been spent replacing all the shocks and other work done 90% there going under to clean up wax oil and then decide next year about painting..........again:eek:

Not really what I've done to my Cougar but, while having a paperwork shredding session, I've just come across the Autotrader ad for my first one. I managed to barter the asking price down to £4900, ran it for 3 years and sold it on with around 85k on the clock for £3000.

20190831_172952.jpg