What Have You Done to Your Cougar Today?

After a few months of having a rough idle and fuel economy dropping I finally got round to changing the fuel filter. Rough idle has gone yet to see what the MPG does, probably should have changed the filter before these problems arose, 127000 on the original filter :eek:

LOL Isn't it supposed to be every 30,000 miles (as in, during the major service)?

I'd say you did well to get that far - especially without holes rotting in it!

I knew i was going to get it done so periodically soaked the clip with WD40 and it came off without a problem. Ive been servicing the car for the last 7 years and never did the filter as the car low mileage. I bought it from my parents 4 years ago on 50000 miles. It fixed my mpg as well previously getting 31-32mpg after a run yesterday averaging 38mpg. Happy days :cool:

Took Claus for his MOT this morning.
Failed! :oops: Needs sill welding, rear handbrake insufficient (recommended changing pads & discs as getting low on the inside) and a front drop link.
The bill of £540 seems a bit much to me, especially after being made redundant so might attempt the front drop link, and rear brakes myself (if not too difficult?)

- - - Updated - - -

Annoyingly he entered the details wrong so when I look at the work needed on the gov mot website it shows bugger all, apparently someone came to speak to him and he hit 'enter' by mistake and he can't change it.
So I'm left with a barely readable list of what needs doing.
Bloody odd! o_O

Sorry to hear that shes failed :(

Front drop links are easy, as are the rear brakes are too unless the T50 bolts are still on the caliper holder then it can be a pain to get them off, hopefully somebody has already replaced them with the mondeo bolts..

And the other fun part is getting the handbrake set up correctly so it holds, not hard but just a pain to keep adjusting the cross on the caliper

I cant remember if the rear caliper bolts have been replaced mate, I seem to think so though. The drop link isn't too bad either, you've just got to hold the bolt in place as you undo the nut. Whereabouts does the sill need doing?

Thanks guys (y)
I've actually changed the front drop links about 3 years ago. I put grease all over the thread / bolts too so they should come off OK hopefully.
I seem to remember some talk on here about seized caliper bolts! If they don't put up too much of a fight I should manage OK.
What type are the mondeo bolts? (if they aren't in already)
I reckon the garage might have to do the handbrake adjustment.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he said the welding was near the back, a bit that wasn't welded before.

Pretty sure any incorrect MOT info can be edited by the garage for up to 30 days after the test. At least that what the DVLA told me when I asked to get my mileage changed that was incorrectly recorded at 630,000...

The bloke who did mine said he was allowed 14 days to correct the mistake he'd made by entering my odometer reading in miles instead of km's.

Andy, aside from preventing fraud by a seller, what exactly is the point in ensuring that the mileage, (or kilometerage in your case!) is accurate at MOT time?

I mean, it's not as though the test is influenced by it in any way, is it?

Chris, he put the reading in as 136k miles instead of 136k kms; which looks a bit odd when the previous recorded figures are all in kms.

Right, so it's more the case that the odometer is consistent to protect...someone. The seller, I guess?
The owner. In an insurance claim, whether the mileage accrued vastly differs from what the policy covers, and whether that can even be determined (proven) after a dials replacement.

Spent 43 bucks and finally got that little piece of harness I needed.
e635f281421f5bd748786e7dbf3bed47.jpg