What Have You Done to Your Cougar Today?

Sounds good to me Matt

Im starting to get a little low myself...

BQg98j5.jpg

:LOL:

LOL Matt, that would be like putting Usain Bolt in ice skates. No, she's on Yokohamas now. Can't remember the model and I'm not going out in the rain to check!

Shame really: Those Falkens were a great tyre with a good couple mm left in them, but they were showing their age - 3 years I think? - and had to go. Shouldn't be able to break traction accelerating in 2nd at ~15MPH.

Also: I had forgotten how comically cheap 17s are (£55) versus 18s (£80). Literally the same make, and probably the same model.

Chris, those Falken tyres had been on Wildcat since I put the alloys on. The only tyres I had to change for the last MOT I did, were the rear ones. So, I'd say they had been on there for about 10 years. Remember, I only used to do about 500 miles a year, no where enough miles to wear them, so they did well to last as long as they did. Not sure whether John swapped them, when he had her? The rear two tyres were budgets I put on to get her through the MOT and sold her onto John.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, those Falkens certainly did their job then, though it was obvious that no amount of remaining tread was going to be good enough. I honestly can't be mad at how well they've done - it was just a case of them not gripping anymore. Oxidisation and UV exposure.

Rears are whatever John sold the car to me with. They might be budget but they'll be fine until I get around to replacing them eventually. Still meaty and very soft so probably wouldn't be so great on the front, but fine on the rear.

Well, yesterday i gave DG a good vaccuuming and swapped the grass covered cougar mats with my spare set and alls nice and fresh again. Today i had to go out so decided to have a drive. I ended up driving around Nottinghamshire and somehow ended up coming back via Worksop :cry:. Well it passed a very enjoyable hour :). Made up a new ROUSH sticker for the boot lid as the original one had passed its sell by date.