What Have You Done to Your Cougar Today?

I just took delivery of one with an on/off switch built in, planning to replace the rear ashtray. I've just posted elsewhere about the cable size to use, any pointers if you've worked the numbers?! :D

I'm afraid it was nearly a year ago that I did it, so I don't really remember! Or to put it another way, I am not qualified to tell you what you should do with your car; I can only tell you where I ended up.

In my case, basically it was the same gauge wire, delivered as a spur from the OEM cig lighter. I figured that the 15A fuse on that circuit would blow long before the 20/25A wire (OEM and extension) burned the car down.

You need our electricians to tell you what you can get away with and how. I'm just a test pilot!

:LOL: it wasn't to a member on here. My mate's had a brake caliper seize on his Subaru, so that's this weekends job to sort, but he needed something to get to work in the meantime.

Was scrolling down to see whether anyone had already posted exactly that, Rich!

Matt, do you have/need help to work on that Scooby? I've got loads to do on Saturday and then will be running T to the airport on Sunday (right in the middle of the day, of course) but I have Monday, Thursday and Friday off, with the use of T's car and a full tank of fuel.

Hiya mate. Thats very kind thanks but I think we're going to do the front brakes on sunday, then he'll have to put in in the garage to have the rear wheel bearing done, as it has to be pressed in and out. Its a good car so hopefully this will see it right for another year.

Ah, well that's good. I wasn't sure whether you had anyone to work with (or whether there's any finesse to sorting Subaru brakes!).

Al, she's safe and warm.

You've prepared her for this hiatus as best you can, and SORNing her is the best thing to do in this time of uncertainty.

You'll be back to her and, although you can't say when, she'll be waiting for you. As pretty and sorted as she's always been.

I too have SORNed a cougar today - KGV. Actually she's been sitting there waiting for those sills, which are about 2 months overdue and I clean forgot about the tax. So when the DVLA sent me a letter telling me I must get an MOT before they would condescend to allow my direct debit to work, I thought 'Stuff You', they will nolonger get money for nothing as Dire Straits would have it.

However, they don't make that anywhere near as easy as taxing it or updating your direct debit. Its like they are only trying to push you into giving them money. Three hyperlinks for paying, none for SORNing, so I gave them 'what for' in my Feedback. I feel sure that will make a world of difference ( not ) and I feel much better now. My bank balance is anyway...

Getting close to storage time so today DG had a treat: I sat in and started her up and ran her up to temp with varying revs. Hopefully before the end of the week i'll roll her out the length of the driveway and back before locking her away for a few months.

last few days, local bodyshop has been busy removing rust, adding new metal, seam sealing and now ready for paint, brilliant job as usual
Resized_20200305_162846.jpg
Resized_20200310_135233.jpg
Resized_20200310_135308.jpg