The UKC.COM Chris Adams Award

A very fitting speech Tim; a tribute to Chris and a worthy introduction to a most deserved winner.

Well done Al; richly deserved. (y)

The look on Alan's face as he tenderly and carefully wrapped the trophy up for its return journey will stay with me for a good while.

A deserving winner.

For me this award should have only ever gone to one person, I said this on the day to many people. A credit to this club and he deserve to win it. Well done Alan................

For me this award should have only ever gone to one person,

I agree that it was well-earned and totally deserved - even a casual member can see that.

There is some wonderful talent here and some incredibly helpful people who were equally deserving and it's nice to know that in future years they'll be recognised too...which I assume is the point.

In other words, Alan is our Armstrong. But let's never forget Aldrin and Collins.

:EDIT: That sounds wrong now that I've read it back, but I hope I'm understood.

Have to say huge congratulations to Al for being the inaugural recipient of the UKC.COM Chris Adams award. So well deserved and I know you were proud as punch to be taking the award back to Mansfield with you. (y)

Tim, it was a very moving speech that both remembered Chris but also put into words the effort, work and time Al puts into the club for the benefit of others. It must clearly an emotional moment for you - and for the rest of us too - but it was hugely appreciated that you could be there to present the award to Al (y)

I've got the presentation video but will be tomorrow at the earliest when it's uploaded as it was filmed in HD and my upload speed is pants :(

its very cool alan got this award! hes helped me out with my car and given many tips and advice and got me solving problems and now my confidence working on the cougar is much better and im getting to grips with it.

i make no secret of the fact that I voted for Alan.

I could have voted, very easily, for three or four others without whom Cougar ownership would not be as enjoyable.

I personally feel Alan is helpful, friendly and so often goes out of his way to help members, new and old.

I was honoured to have been nominated, but i was chuffed to bits he won this.

First off, thanks everybody for your flattery.
On Sunday, on that blustery wet Blackpool front, when we all gathered for the presentation, my initial thoughts were that Tim would be ok as it would be a very emotional time for him, remembering Chris in his prepared speech to us all. The words he spoke of how Chris thought of me brought a lump to my throat and even though other members were nominated for the award, i started with the butterflies in anticipation that i might actually be the recipient. I prefer to think of myself being the recipient rather than the "winner" . In my eyes, the whole of ukcougar.com are the winners because we are all a part of the same team.
Well, eventually the penny dropped and everything i had mentally prepared to say in acceptance suddenly went blank. I've never been good at centre stage and it happenned on Sunday, i knew what i wanted to say but the words just wouldn't come out. I have to thank the whisperer who said "it's ok Al, i think we all know what you want to say".
Now i've had time to compose myself and rethink what it was i wanted to say. So here goes, i hope it makes sense:

Six years ago in 2006 i bought a ford cougar and within a few weeks of ownership i found ukcougar.org? which eventually merged iirc with what we all now know as ukcougar.com. The following year at Ford Fair i met Chris who was buying some sill plates from Manos and that's when Chris was introduced to ukcc. Within weeks he was a subscribed member as WARTHOG.
The following meet i attended, Chris and Tim were both present and i got chatting to Chris, i like to think we "clicked" and became good friends very quickly and the respect for each other grew from there. I am proud to have known such a great guy, one i could call a Friend in the true sense of the word, and i am especially honoured to have been nominated as the first recipient of the UKCC award with Chris's name on it.
This forum has been good to me over the years. Unbeknown to most it helped get me through a very sad part of my life and kept me busy. As a club,we have a great deal of talent as well as friendship among us. We are a very helpfull and appreciative crowd which is proved day after day by members up and down the Country.
I happen to be the first, and for that i thank you all. The Chris Adams award is now taking pride of place up here on my desk, where it will stay untill it's time for me to pass it on to it's next worthy recipient.

A very humbled.

Alan

A respectful golf clap here.

I wish I could've been there at Blackpool to congratulate you personally Alan. You've done so much for me in this forum and in person.

You've taught me a great deal about both the car and the forum's dynamic and personalities. And although I've been meeting more and more fantastic people and building on my knowledge, I won't forget how kind you and Vonny have always been, and I hope to be able to call you both friends for years to come.