The UKC.COM Chris Adams Award

Pid_16V

Admin (Uncle Al)
Club Admin
Nov 20, 2006
Mansfield (Robin Hood Country)
Some discussion has led here as some of you may be aware.
I have taken the task, (which btw i take as an honour,) of finding a suitable award/trophy in Chris's name to present to a worthy forum member on an annual basis.
I have looked at quite a few trophys and awards over the last few weeks and it's hard to see anything that simply represents what i beleive is needed as a dedicated "Chris" award, but one i have seen i keep coming back to. It shows the lines and the art nuveou style that imo Chris would like, having taken many requests from him and Tim over the last few years for decal ideas etc.

With the remaining funds of the collection we had for Chris back in January, we have had this made:
This is what i think would do a "Chris Adams award" justice for us all.

trophy.jpg

28.5cm (11.5")
It's not specific, but it represents something/somebody special.
Engraved on the plaque:

UKC.COM
Chris Adams Award

The lucky recipient will hold this trophy for 12 months, handing it over to his/her successor the following year in exchange for a brass plaque (similar to the ones we get at Harewood) inscribed with the same text as the trophy but with their name added below.
I have also sent an email to Tim, notifying him of this award and i suggest that since he will be in attendance at Blackpool this year, it would be the ideal venue for the first presentation.

That's excellent Alan, a great way to keep Chris's memory very much alive within the forum, and all new members will learn all about the great person he was :)

Brilliant Al, Chris would have loved that, especially as it follows the 'V' line which appears on the bonnet of the coug. Brilliant choice :)

That's a nice trophy Al, and as others have said - a great way to remember Chris. I'm sure future recipients of this will be proud as punch (y)

Alan has done a tremendous job sorting this out. Originally the task kind of ended up with me and try as I might I couldn't decide on or manage to sustain sorting this out having done the flowers etc. I asked Alan his advice and if he would take the task on and he did. He's also managed to, IMO, turn up a very fitting and superb trophy for this.

Thank you Al :)

A very fitting tribute. That trophy is a very nice design. Well done Alan. (y)

Just one thing, I hope it's engraved UKCOUGAR.COM and not UKC.COM. Don't want it to reference someone elses website instead of our own. :LOL:

Great choice Al; a fitting tribute to Chris, the standing he enjoyed on the forum and of the respect in which he was held by the members of the forum.(y)(y)

I would echo Manos' remark about the engraving; it really should be the full forum name.

Would it be more appropriate to award it at Fest? Our national day?

Although I can't see my name in the frame, It's still a nice idea, can we have a ukc 'member that has bathed in beans most often' award sponsored by Heinz? 'Best drunk at fest' sponsored by Stella artois? 'Most travelled member' sponsored by HM revenues and customs, 'Best brick arangement under a vehicle' sponsored by London brick? (Although John might be a repeat offender..........er I mean winner!

Good Idea people

Thanks for all comments and input guys.
The first presentation at Blackpool has been suggested because Tim will be there to witness the event. If the eventual recipient is not at that meet, it will be forwarded on to them either at the next meet they attend, or sent on by post/cougarforce.
We decided on UKC.com as we all know what it is, don't we? discuss? but make it quick, the order is in.