Aerial ribbons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussiecat

Well-known user
Feb 27, 2005
Bath
This was mentioned earlier and I still like the idea as it shows the uniformity of the members and an added touch which will look good in photos.

Those attending with their cars might like to put purple and black ribbons on their aerials, I think it would look really effective. We will have trouble matching the exact blurple colour but a purple or dark blue would do maybe with another strip of black ribbon as well.

What do you guys think?

Viv

Its a good jesture, would these be attached to the Aerial or flapping out of the window? Aerial is probably better otherwise it looks like we are off to a football match. As i've said in another thread Blurple is more Blue than Purple (ie. claret) but it wouldn't be too hard to match it, just try your local habadashery department (department stores) or even somewhere like Hobby-Craft (sure Ria B will back me up on that one)

If no-one else minds Viv and myself will sort this either via Ebay or her local market. I'd imagine we're looking at say a 10-15mm wide ribbon with enough to tie around the aerial and flutter in the wind, about 50cms each? As has been previously mentioned Blurple is a bit of a difficult colour to match but we'll see how close we can get and let people have them at the meeting point.

Thanks Geoff; yes Royal Blue had struck me as maybe being the nearest we would get, I've also found a 'Sapphire' that is pretty close.

Oops I wrote in the other thread, just got a roll of Black and a roll of Blue (the royal blue) ribbon from Hobbycraft 32mm by 5m each roll, so if anyone wants any i'm cool. Was £2.65 a roll ( I don't know if that is expensive)

If no-one else minds Viv and myself will sort this either via Ebay or her local market. I'd imagine we're looking at say a 10-15mm wide ribbon with enough to tie around the aerial and flutter in the wind, about 50cms each? As has been previously mentioned Blurple is a bit of a difficult colour to match but we'll see how close we can get and let people have them at the meeting point.

Oops I wrote in the other thread, just got a roll of Black and a roll of Blue (the royal blue) ribbon from Hobbycraft 32mm by 5m each roll, so if anyone wants any i'm cool. Was £2.65 a roll ( I don't know if that is expensive)

OK Matt, Viv and I are happy if you would like to supply the ribbon.
Our feeling is though you will need 10 mts. of both colours to allow 50mm of each colour for approx. 20 cars.

50mm doesn't seem a lot once it has been tied that's only 2"?. Do you think that's enough?.

JJ

I knew what you meant Andy ;) I will have to get another roll of each from Hobbycraft.
AlanPid said:
I would suggest 6" strips, then tied evenly to give 2 x 3" strips of each colour.
Good idea mate, could get over thirty out of the 5m rolls at that size (15cm=6inch approx) however is that long enough? 20 strips @ 25cm (10inch) would be 5m

Width is: 32mm which is about 1.25" in Imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.