Funeral convoy details

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobster1982

Club Member
Aug 9, 2007
Grimsby
Seeing as a fair few people are attending I thought I would post up a thread to see if people wanted to travel down together. I will be taking si if he can get the time off and possibly meeting mart somewhere to head down the m1

Nearest main routes to Leamington are the M40 & A46. I will be going the scenic way from mine, roughly half an hour from here to Leam.

I'm happy to set up a meet point here, would probably need to be here for about 1pm with a view to setting off for about half 1 just to make sure we are in Leam in good time where we could set up a meet point for everyone to meet up at so we can convoy as one to Chris' house?

Thoughts?

Kully there is Maccy D's on the roundabout where Queensway joins Europa Way, the A452 if that would be any good as a meeting point. It's about 2km from Chris and Tim's.

Post code for sat navs is: CV34 6RH

Last edited:
I'll be coming down the M40 to warwick its about 30-40 minutes, think i know that Maccy D's* I used to work in Leamington for 5 years.

I'm guessing if you don't all meet up you are aware were Chris and tim's house is (I have their house, the cremotorium and the Leopard programed into my phones sat-nav)

*looking at it the currys supestore opposite the Maccy D's has a bigger car-park? (the big white building on google maps)

Seeing as a fair few people are attending I thought I would post up a thread to see if people wanted to travel down together. I will be taking si if he can get the time off and possibly meeting mart somewhere to head down the m1

How far across are you coming dude towards me?. Can travel down in convoy.

JJ

Maybe an idea for people from the North West to meet somewhere on the M6 to convoy onwards....by my reckoning that would be:

Me and Kathy
Rich and Ria
Mofo, Maxi and Mark
Danmo
Mart and Maxine (possibly, though you may be heading down the M1)

If I've missed anyone add yourself to the above list (y)

I'll be coming down the M40 to warwick its about 30-40 minutes, think i know that Maccy D's* I used to work in Leamington for 5 years.

I'm guessing if you don't all meet up you are aware were Chris and tim's house is (I have their house, the cremotorium and the Leopard programed into my phones sat-nav)

*looking at it the currys supestore opposite the Maccy D's has a bigger car-park? (the big white building on google maps)

The route from Currys is quite straightforward and Google estimates 1.5 miles in 6 mins.

Leamington.jpg

Maybe an idea for people from the North West to meet somewhere on the M6 to convoy onwards....by my reckoning that would be:

Me and Kathy
Rich and Ria
Mofo, Maxi and Mark
Danmo
Mart and Maxine (possibly, though you may be heading down the M1)

If I've missed anyone add yourself to the above list (y)

Any of the services on the M6 south would be good meet-up points - Sandbach or Keele maybe?

Are those coming via the M6 going to cut through the west of Birmingham on the M5 and then join the M42 then the M40 to Warwick...or....go east across the top of Birmingham on the M6 then via the M42 then M40 to Warwick? I was only wondering as i could meet you guys at either the M42 services @ Hopwood (if your coming from the West) and convoy down the M42/M40 with you, or time it right and catch you as you pass my junction (J4) of the M42 if your coming from the east

Matt

We will be doing precisely what Roger tourettes tells us on the tomtom. Since I have become lazy and don't read maps or remember the journey's finer details, I trust in tomtom. If the NW contingent make their plans among themselves, we will try to fit in with what you decide.

A thought that I had about the cortege is that if there are 20+ cougars and we have to pass through traffic signals, it's likely that well be split on a few occasions.

We will be doing precisely what Roger tourettes tells us on the tomtom. Since I have become lazy and don't read maps or remember the journey's finer details, I trust in tomtom. If the NW contingent make their plans among themselves, we will try to fit in with what you decide.

A thought that I had about the cortege is that if there are 20+ cougars and we have to pass through traffic signals, it's likely that well be split on a few occasions.

Forward planning Rich. If all who have satnav enter each of the locations in, hopefully we should be able to catch up.

Looking at the route its one straight road from estate Chris & Tims house is situated, the B4087 to Bishops Tachbrook, its the estate itself that looks the most complicated, thats were we may lose people, then the only other major places are two main crossroads one with Heathcote lane and the other Harbury Lane on the B4087
Matt

Or read the sign posts to Bishops Tachbrook ;) I always plan ahead as sometimes Google maps can be wrong so I always check on street view etc. so I get the right route but also so I know were I am in realtion to everything else.

Mind you if you can lose a cortege of 20 cougars traveling at the speed of a normal funeral cortege then you are having abad day :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.