Funeral arrangements for Chris (Warthog)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pid_16V

Admin (Uncle Al)
Club Admin
Nov 20, 2006
Mansfield (Robin Hood Country)
This is the email i received from Tim, still showing his organising skills even now.
If you wish to attend, post your name and i will compile a list.
Rather than post Tims personal contact details, i will pm all info to people who are to attend the funeral.
As usual, i will update the list of attendees as they are posted.

==========================================================================================

Alan, please forward this info to an appropriate place in ukcougarforum.com

-----------

Thanks to all of those who have sent me their condolences and offering support at this difficult time for me, it as all very much appreciated. Although, as many will be aware, I often used Chris's "Warthog" account on the club to make postings, I have not logged in since his death, and will no longer use that account. I have therefore not yet read what has been said, but I shall be getting an account of my own on the club, when I feel ready, and will then read the tributes that have been paid to him. There's a lot more I'd like to say, but as you can realise, I'm not in the best state of mind to put it into words - but thanks, I'm touched by your support.

Chris's funeral will be on Thursday 19th January 2012 at Oakley Wood Crematorium (North Chapel), Bishop's Tachbrook, Leamington Spa CV33 9QP. The service will start at 15:15. The cortege will leave from our house at 14:45, and all are welcome to join in that. I think it appropriate that the cortege behind the hearse is led by Chris's own Cougar in which I shall be a passenger, but need a volunteer from any Cougar owner attending with 2 drivers, one to drive Chris's car. After the service there will be a Reception in a function room at The Leopard, Bishops Tachbrook http://www.leopardinn.co.uk/ All ukcougar.com members who wish to attend will be welcome, but do please say if you are planning to attend as soon as possible so I can get numbers right and so that you can be told the address of the house, where we'll be setting out from. (Al will add details of how to do this.)

Floral tributes are not being invited - Chris was not a flowers sort of person - but they are not being rejected either. If that's the way you like to express your feelings then neither Dawn (Chris's sister) nor I have any objections to you doing so. Donations are not being suggested either - with the price of petrol now, simply driving a Cougar to the funeral is a sincere and adequate enough tribute. There will also be a way of contributing towards an appropriate and practical memorial to help keep events happening within the forum, which I think is the best way of showing appreciation. But the forum admin will be sorting that out and announcing it later.

----

Kully,

You asked on the phone about what ukcougar.com admin could do about organising a collection for a suitable tribute / memorial. I am sure that the most fitting sort of memorial is anything which helps encourage and continue events at which Chris was so keen on. As I said on the phone, despite the urging away from flowers in the funeral notice above, yes I agree a floral Cougar logo in blurple would be fitting. The coffin itself will be covered with a simple floral spray of blue purple and white, Dawn and I will not be making any other floral tributes.

==============================================================================

Members attending:

Pid_16V

Last edited:
If I can possibly get the time off work, and believe me when I say I'll be doing my damndest to make that happen, then I'm there. I'm afraid Joanne simply cannot get time off so it'll be just me.

I'd like to attend but as I'm unable to drive at the moment I'll be relying on some cougarforce so please put me down as a provisional.
Unfortunately Mo can't get any time off work but she would've loved to attend.

I will definately attend, Di has commitments looking after three grandchildren, Mark if you need a lift you have my number, call me any time.

Most definitely me and Becky if we can get someone to have Princess. Although I will be Cougarless at the time :(

I will definately attend, Di has commitments looking after three grandchildren, Mark if you need a lift you have my number, call me any time.

Nice one Phil, I would have offered but we're planning on staying down there on the Thursday night and coming back Friday (y)

Not sure I could do it Rich. Only reason I'll be without mine is it's broken and needs an MOT too for which it needs a couple of bits I can't get until the end of the month.

Richard hasn't asked work yet but we will both be attending, I can't see them having a problem with it, his car is off the road at the moment but if at all possible, we would love to bring both cougars. That may not be possible due to the reasons posted elsewhere but even if we had to borrow a car, we will be there. It's going to be an emotionally charged day. :(

Unfortunately we will not be able to make this. :(
It's been a tough month for us and no work, it's simply too far for us to afford to travel now.. our hearts will be there on the day though..

To save trawling throught posts, please copy and paste the list and add or move yourself appropriately. Thanks!

DEFINITES :

Kully
John & Kathy
Mart & Maxine
Rich & Ria
Dan
Phil

POSSIBLES :

Rich Elliott
Andy & Karen
Si
Manos - NEEDS LIFT!