Collection for Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

V6SINGH

Official UKCougar Stuntman
Jul 29, 2005
BE11 3ND
As Chris would accept nothing less than professional from Admin and Mods, here goes :

This thread is on behalf of Admin to start a collection for a tribute to Chris. After a chat to Tim earlier, he has expressed, in his practical way lol, that expenses etc are all covered, charity wasn't something that Chris had any individual cause that he was passionate about, and that flowers are not Chris' thing! Tim bless him, suggested we divvy the money out to people attending the funeral to cover their fuel costs!! As I said to Tim, and I'm certain is the case, most of us have already planned to be there so fuel really isn't an issue, especially in the case of a funeral.

I asked Tim for his thoughts about us doing the following :

A) A floral wreath, large circular, white flowers for background and then as near a blurple flower I can find to make a large Cougar head logo with a silver ribbon around it all. We have a family florist we use here in Rugby and she is amazing! She can create anything in flowers and best thing is she lives at the end of my road so I can over see any work. She also liases with funeral directors all over the county and Tim has given me the details of the directors handling Chris' funeral. This is just so that if we go this route then I can see the flowers reach Chris and accompany him on his last cruise :(

B) If enough money is raised, we have a trophy or shield made that would be called something like "The Chris Adams Award" (TBC) that could for example go to the Best Car in Attendance at Fest (soon to be known as Mondeo Coupe Fest!) as it was one event that Chris and Tim did not have to organise and they could just turn up and chill with everyone else.

C) After the above, if there's enough, we have a picture of Chris and his car done in a tough frame that could be hung in the gazebo at meets. The gazebo which Tim tells me will be handed over to the next Events Organiser.

Tim thought it a nice touch and said that it sounded ok. I feel we should show some serious appreciation for Chris as without him and Tim, it's fair to say we probably wouldn't be involved with any shows at all as a club. They took over at a time when organising meets was literally the worst job ever and they really turned it around.

It's killed me to write that in an official capacity as it sounds so formal :cry:. The show as they say must go on though and I'm sure Chris would agree.

We welcome any other ideas, but as the funeral will be fairly soon, it is suggested that we take pledges followed by collection of pennies by Thursday 12th (next week). This will allow time to transfer and withdraw money to pay for things in time for the funeral.

Collection will probably be to my paypal and then I can transfer to bank and withdraw.

I know times are hard all round but this is an exception, lets give Chris a good send off - UKC Style.

Thanks for reading!

Kully.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. Let me know your PayPal address Kully (either here or via PM if you'd sooner not make it public) and I'll transfer some money right now.

Thanks Rich, rather than post a list of who wants to give a particular amount, I think I'll add paypal to the above post and people can then send an amount and just pop a post in here saying "donated" or something.

EDIT : Paypal info will be added tomorrow as this section is currently public but will be subs only from tomorrow. Will post up then ;)

Slight change : please post up or pm me for paypal info, probably easier to get this running asap. Please if you have my number, pop me a text if you don't see me online to let me know to pm/text you back ;)

Thanks to everyone who has sent so far, I've replied to pm's and texts recieved and sent pm's to those requested. I'm off to bed for tonight as I have work early and a teething 10 month old!!

I shall try and look in as often as possible during the day tomorrow but should be online from about 6pm onwards. Again though, if you have my number, text me and I'll text back.

Thanks again people!

Status
Not open for further replies.