RIP Chris

WildV6

Well-known user
Feb 2, 2008
Devon, UK
Just to kick things off (apologies Richb, I've borrowed one of your pic's) Think this picture says a lot.

DSC_0128Small.jpg

Well Chris was part of the club show scene, along with Tim, they turned a nightmare job into an art form. They attended virtually every show on our calender throughout the time that they were events organisers which takes a lot of doing. I speak of both Chris and Tim as they came as a partnership, a double act, while we all mourn the loss of a good friend in Chris, we will doubtless mourn the loss of Tim too, who will be missed at the shows.
For me, the club comes alive during the summer months, having attended shows every year since being a member, you have both contributed to our enjoyment of the shows with their slick organisational skills, always willing to go the extra mile. I don't think that anybody could deny my claim that Chris took the job of events organiser to another level, always there, always helpful, always a friend.

I will post a few pictures from the Modified nationals last year (2011) and add to them in the future.

Something tickled him here, not quite sure what, but it's a nice picture to remember Chris by.

chris1.jpg

This is a view of Chris and Tim that is synonymous with our club show scene, their gazebo, complete with fold up kitchen, always put up and dismantled with the minimum of fuss but with military precision.
chris2.jpg

This was taken to show off the trophy from 2010 at the Modified Nationals where we won 1st prize in the single make car category, one of two awards we have won as a club since they took over as events organisers.

chris3.jpg

RIP my friend, you were one of lifes finest people.

Just heard of this through Steve's Facebook and would like express my sadness. I only met Chris the once at Harewood 2009, but he was a very pleasant and welcoming chap. I do not feel at ease with everyone, but did him.

10gbi8x.jpg

This is where I first got to chat to Chris at the Bath tourist run. I remember what we was talking about on that day, I was asking him how he managed with the front end of his car being so low and he told me he had planned to respray it again because he kept catching it all the time. It is just a shame that this was and will be the only time I get to chat to the man ever again. His car was a real sight for sore eyes as well, very different and very unique, he also commented on my car at the time and said he liked what direction I was going in.

So sorry to here this dreadful news,some things in life just dont seem fair-god bless you Chris and our thoughts go with Tim and family and friends

I have some great memories of Chris but very few photos, i think RichB and Manos between them have that monopoly, some of which can be seen in the Tatton Park pictures thread posted recently by Rich. http://www.ukcougarforum.com/vb/showthread.php?19881-Tatton-Park-Pictures-2011
I remember the fun we all had getting Chris's cougar prepped and kitted up, spread over two weekends and with car parts spread out all over my back garden and Chris's cat in bits. The Bath run when Chris and Tim were following me and we got seperated from everybody else at the lights. We were roaming around Bath like lost sheep, constantly stopping to get out and discuss which way to go, and coming to the conclusion to just drive and see where we end up, lol. Eventually, at a crossroads and both of us sat in the left (straight ahead lane) at the red light, we see a stream of cougars emerge from the left and go straight up the hill. I was at the front and managed to "nose" into the right turn lane but Chris was really close and didn't have space to manouvre. The lights changed and i shot off turning right, up the hill, with a screech of rubber and the sound of hooters from following traffic, i see Chris and Tim fast approaching in the rear view mirror. We did eventually find the others at the Crescent but not before driving into a lesser crescent first, where a guy gave us directions. I could go on, but like everybody who knew Chris, it's his good nature, ever smiling face and willingness to help anybody and make all feel welcome.
We miss you already mate,
RIP Chris.

DSC_0170Small.jpg

Last edited:
I am afraid this is not so good as the others but this is all I have of Chris in my albums. I think it is quite a typical pose where he is hunting for his ciggies in the car! Taken at Royal Crescent Bath April 2010.

3259Wherearemyciggies.jpg

I dont know what to say guys .... im shocked and very saddened by todays news . The 1st time i saw Chris was at SCC's Summer camp ( Mercury Rising ) as it was named a couple of years back .... he was such a nice guy and as many have said Chris and Tim were just totally fantastic to be around . My deepest thoughts are with Tim and the rest of his family and friends ..... so many of which are on here ....

this is a shock, i only met Chris 3 times but it struck me straight away how friendly he was and so eager to talk to a newbie like me, he put me at ease almost immediately. being an ex events organiser of my local capri club, i had a huge respect for anyone wishing to take on such a role within a club, Chris will leave a massive hole i'm sure, RIP mate and get organising stuff behind those pearly gates :angel:

I've been searching through my photo collection and found a couple I thought I'd share.

Chris completing the final inspection of the lantern launch at Tatton Park 2011:

IMG_0636.jpg

As usual, both Chris and Tim were more than helpful helping out setting up our tent and also inviting me and Kathy into their tent to shelter from the Saturday evening monsoon.

And back at Fest 2011.....the evening light show from Chris's cat:

IMG_1095.jpg

And again from Fest 2011.....enjoying the Saturday evening shenanigans

IMG_1067-1.jpg

I know I havnt been on here for an age, but I met Chris on quite a few occasions and he was a real solid guy. RIP Dude, get lining up them clouds.

Can only follow on from others have already said. Only met Chris (and Tim) twice. Once at Harewood, and again at Supercar sunday (Both shows 2011). A very friendly and down to earth chap who would go out of his way to help others in need. His organisational skills were top form, and the two shows I went to went smoothly thanks to this.

RIP Chris.