Chris (Warthog) Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris you will be sorely missed and Tim you have our sincere condolences.
What terrible news. At the moment I can only re-iterate the sentiments already expressed by others but when I've had chance to think of something appropriate to say I'll add it here.

I've thought long and hard about how to put into words the sadness I've felt since reading about Chris' untimely death. I find anyone's passing difficult to comprehend and so try to focus on my memories of their life. I'm particularily struck by the almost eerie timing of RichB's post containing his photos from the Tatton meet earlier this year. Only yesterday I'd shown the photos to Karen and the boys and we all laughed at the happy memories they had re-kindled from our first 'away' meet. It was very difficult to pass-on the awful news to them today that Chris was no longer with us.
As with all the show meets organised by Chris and Tim, Tatton ran like clockwork with their attention to detail showing through from start to finish. On a personal note they helped me a great deal with the last two Castle Combe events and even before they took over as event organisers they were the first to turn up to Badminton Hall to support my inaugural offer of accommodation for the event. They even arrived before me and I only live 200yds. away!!
Since that first meeting I've liked to think as both of them as friends who have always shone through with their enthusiasm for this forum and it's members which makes Chris' passing all the harder to come to terms with.

Some time ago there was talk of the possibility of handing out trophies to owners of 'special' cars at some of the shows. Although the idea was dropped for various reasons I would like to propose a trophy to be named in Chris' honour to be awarded to the "Favourite Car at 'Fest". Here isn't the place for details but I'd like to think, with Tim's blessing, it would become a fitting tribute to someone who 'lived' for his Cougar and the Cougar Family of which I am proud to call myself a member.

RIP Chris.
Tim our thoughts are with you.

The Christopher Adams memorial trophy has a nice ring to it Andy (y) a framed picture of him to stick on the gayzebra at shows would be nice too. :pout: so sorry to lose such a good friend

I still find this hard to believe, first saw this yesterday morning but couldn't write anthing, everytime i come back to it, still struggle to beleive it has happened
What terrible news.
My sincerest condolances to Tim & Chris's family
Chris you will be sorely missed and Tim you have my sincere condolences, I can only re-iterate the sentiments already expressed by many others on here
like many others first came to know Chris and Tim from the forum before meeting up with them last year, at Eccleshall show last year, and as been said by many others, Chris came up with the big smile on his face, Chris made you feel like an old friend from the word go, then met again at the Christmas Knee's up, would like to think of him as a friend like some others on here
He is a person that will be sorely missed by many especially Tim and their family's

RIP Chris
So Sorry Tim

I am awaiting a call from Tim. I rang him earlier to check he is ok and sods law as it is, i rang as he was at the Funeral directors, presumably making arrangements. I will update again as soon as i hear from him.

only met briefly in passing at couple of meets that I attended so didnt really know Chris but it says alot about him that this many people are this affected. RIP and condolences

I am awaiting a call from Tim. I rang him earlier to check he is ok and sods law as it is, i rang as he was at the Funeral directors, presumably making arrangements. I will update again as soon as i hear from him.

Please let us know and I do hope Tim has a good support network down there, can you find out Alan.

I think I speak for everyone Alan that when you do speak to Tim, if there is anything anyone can do....tell him not to hesitate in asking

I have spoken to Tim just now and he's holding up quite well. He has neighbours, friends and family looking after him and I have expressed that if there is anything we can do for him as a club or individually he's only to ask.

He will be joining the forum a little later on under his own login.

I'll let Al do any further updates but will add that I will be starting a thread in the memorial section for us to maybe have a whip round. I've asked Tim what he'd like us to do and I'll put the suggestions out in the thread.

Condolences to Tim and his family. i only spoke to him for the first time when we attended Ford Fair 2011 and seemed like yesterday. God Bless Dude..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have spoken to Tim just now and he's holding up quite well. He has neighbours, friends and family looking after him and I have expressed that if there is anything we can do for him as a club or individually he's only to ask.

He will be joining the forum a little later on under his own login.

I'll let Al do any further updates but will add that I will be starting a thread in the memorial section for us to maybe have a whip round. I've asked Tim what he'd like us to do and I'll put the suggestions out in the thread.

Thanks Kully, pretty much the same conversation i had with him. He does sound in good spirits considering the situation, but i know only too well, and like a few others i'm sure that at this time he will be pretty much running numb and on auto-pilot.

Honestly? I'm getting things organised here ready for tomorrow and i feel sick, Vonny is not much better. I doubt i'm going to much different until we have given Chris the send off he deserves.

I am sure more will be posted later.

However, today highlighted to me...this is not a car club....this is a group of friends who own the same car.

Chris was sadly taken before his time, cut today provided a fitting tribute to a departed friend.

I was today very proud to be part of this club and extremely glad I could attend

Today was a very mixed experience. One the one hand it was obviously moving and something that nobody ever wants to do, on the other it was a fantastic turnout by the club. The sheer quantity of cars and the distances the drivers of them had travelled really was a tangible illustration of how well regarded Chris was and - as Si so rightly says - that UKCougar.com is so much more than just a car club. If Chris could have seen what went on today, particularly the seeingly endless snake of Cougars in the cortege and then the car park at The Leopard afterwards, I can't help but think he'd have been impressed.

My thanks go to Tim for allowing us to share in this most personal of days, but also to each and every member of this fantastic club of ours who came together and made today what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.