Chris (Warthog) Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pid_16V

Admin (Uncle Al)
Club Admin
Nov 20, 2006
Mansfield (Robin Hood Country)
It saddens me to be the bearer of very sad news today. Our dear friend and long time forum member and events organiser Chris (Warthog) passed away late yesterday afternoon. I received the call this morning from a distraught Tim, who included us (the forum) as their only real friends.
Details are still very sketchy but Tim will update me with arrangement as soon as he is able by phone as he will not be able to use the Warthog "sign on", which is understandable.
It goes without saying i am in complete shock. There are few people we meet in our lives we can call friend in the true sense of the word and I would like to say that Chris was just that. I know we will miss him greatly, not only his input here but at almost every meet we attend.
Our Condolences go to Tim and his family. I will of course update this thread immediately i hear any more from Tim.

I meet him at the Bath tourist run last year. I had a good chat with him about our cars and he seemed a very nice guy and his car was a credit to him. This is very sad news and my thoughts go out to his family and his Cougar family as well, RIP.

From reading the title, I knew that this wasn't going to be a thread that I wanted to read, I first met both Chris and Tim at a Christmas meet in Birmingham 4 0r 5 years ago. You would struggle to find another couple that went together so well. I can't believe that Chris won't be at the shows this year, since taking on the roll of events organisers both Chris and Tim have become woven into the fabric of this club and the club won't be the same without them.:(:(:(

I read this as soon as it was posted but it has taken til now to post, such is the shock.

Words escape me! Just got a text from Rich and logged in straight away and I just cannot believe it.

Rest in peace Chris you fantastic man. This clubs show scene would have been cancelled altogether had you and Tim not taken the reins and turned it around. The impact you both had on this club will remain forever.

Sorry if it sounds like waffle but I'm just shocked.

I really don't know what to say right now unbelievably sad news. I counted both Chris and Tim as friends who have done so much for this club, as Richard has said two people who were perfectly matched for each other and always had time for others.

I really can't put into words the shock I feel right now to hear this horrible news.

Others above have used far better words than I can do all I can say is Chris you'll be missed greatly you were a top top bloke who I am very glad I had the chance to meet.

R.I.P dude

JJ

Just got a text from Kully about this.

I'm in a state of disbelief to be honest - Chris was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, and that's not lip service, he really was. My sincerest condolances to Tim & Chris' family, our thoughts are with you.

Paul & Andrew

I got a text from kully this morning but it doesn't seem real.

Chris was a great bloke who was devoted to Tim and you could see they were a perfect match. I really don't know what to say I've been writing out stuff then deleting it and trying again but all I really can say at the moment is he was a great man and loved by everyone at the club and it won't be the same without him.

Hopefully Tim will get some comfort from this thread to know how Chris touched so many lives and what he meant to the people in the club.

Got a text from Kully 5 minutes ago, logged on for the first time in months, I am absolutely shocked and stunned by this very sad news, Chris was a lovely lad, very friendly and extremely helpfull, never had a bad word for anyone.
Our thoughts are with Tim and Chris`s family, its always sad to loose a friend but tragic when a friend is as young as Chris.

R.I.P. Chris, you will be sorely missed.

As others have said, I am sat here in total shock. On the few occassions I met Chris I found him to be a fantastic bloke, always friendly, always smiling and as enthusiastic as any of us about his car. In the short time I've been a member of this club, Chris always stood out to me as one of the true 'characters' and shows simply won't be the same without him. Joanne and I would like to express our most sincere condolences to Tim and, of course, to Chris's family. Rest in peace.

I think that something that many of us who knew Chris and Tim appreciate is that in a world where we sometimes have to tread on eggshells regarding peoples' disabilities, gender, colour or in this case their sexuality, they always made us feel at ease, their own non pc jokes being better than anything that others could think up. It is a difficult subject to discuss without seeming to be prejudiced but I know that there are a few on here who have witnessed what I am talking about, there was always a double entendre or two floating about at a meet, if it wasn't from Tim's lips, then it'd be from chris's.
Wouldn't it be a nice gesture to have a thread in an appropriate place, where people can post good memories and pictures? As a tribute to a thoroughly decent bloke who did a brilliant job for the club.

I think that something that many of us who knew Chris and Tim appreciate is that in a world where we sometimes have to tread on eggshells regarding peoples' disabilities, gender, colour or in this case their sexuality, they always made us feel at ease, their own non pc jokes being better than anything that others could think up. It is a difficult subject to discuss without seeming to be prejudiced but I know that there are a few on here who have witnessed what I am talking about, there was always a double entendre or two floating about at a meet, if it wasn't from Tim's lips, then it'd be from chris's.
Wouldn't it be a nice gesture to have a thread in an appropriate place, where people can post good memories and pictures? As a tribute to a thoroughly decent bloke who did a brilliant job for the club.

Definitely Richard always managed to mix with literally any crowd and always felt at ease.

I'm not to "macho" to admit I've shed a few tears this morning after speaking to Kully one of the nicest most genuine blokes I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

JJ

Just read the message from Kully.

I am totally gobsmacked.

I spoke to Chris a couple of times at the fests that they have been to. As everyone else has said, a really nice bloke. Can't really say anything else other than I am really shocked.

Condolences to Tim.

R.I.P Chris

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ( so excuse the spelling mistokes )

Truly shocked by the news received from Kully :(

Chris was part of what makes this club such a special one. Chris put a huge amount of work into organising shows and events for the club - along with Tim - and was always a smiling face on the day to make sure everything ran like clockwork. As has been mentioned previously, Chris and Tim were seemingly a perfect match.

We first met Chris at Harewood in 2010 which was our first event with the club. It was a nervous moment attending our first official show but both Chris and Tim took the time to talk to us and made us feel more at ease. Always one of the first to come and say hello when we arrived and always ready to give us a hand pitching the tent at Fest (and give us a much needed laugh after a long and trying journey!).

A genuine nice bloke who not only gave so much to this club but also was one of the most respected members. He will be sadly missed. Our hearts go out to Tim at this tragic time. Our thoughts are with Tim and the families. Rest in peace Chris, it just won't be the same without you.

John and Kathy.

Only the good die young

What an absolute waste, one of the nicest, kindest and most helpful people I have ever met, the world is a worse place without him and UKC will not be the same

Our condolences to Tim and Chris` family, we are totally speechless

RIP Warthog

Rik and Denise

Totally Gutted, I have been speaking to Chris on here for a long time now, and finally get to meet him at the Christmas doo, What a genuine lovely man, I am lost for words, I feel for Tim and the family's right now..
Our hearts and prays go out to you..

RIP Warthog..

Well, I'm still in shock, it was only just afew weeks ago we were all stood chatting to Chris, little did any of us know that would be the last time that we would ever see him again. Chris was a brilliant chap and one who you could have a damned good laugh with. He did some marvelous work as others have said with the events management.
Like JJ, I also shed a few tears, as it's difficult when one loses a friend, of which I count Chris to be.

Our thoughts and wishes go out to Tim and of course Chris's family at this very sad time. Rest in eternal peace Chris.

Best Wishes, Tim & Rachel

I'm in total shock! as I am reading this. He will be sadly missed by all the cougar owners.
I know how words cannot express your sad loss at this time Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.