server lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobster1982

Club Member
Aug 9, 2007
Grimsby
We are having issues with server lag at the minute. I am chasing our hosts as it is a problem in the data centre and not with our setup.

However we are causing a bit of a problem. People are becoming impatient waiting when it lags and are clicking post now buttons or create thread buttons multiple times to try and get the forum to speed up. What you are actually doing is creating multiple entries in the forum database and confusing it. It then ignores duplicate requests and stores them in a overhead buffer which I have to manually clear every day. If that buffer exceeds a set amount though it gives up and shuts the site to prevent damage.

I am away this weekend on a well needed break from work so will not be about to clear the buffers.

Please just let the forum work at its own pace if the server lags. It tends to be peak traffic times on here (6pm till 9pm)

Please dont click the post or create buttons more than once to save damaging the forum and making everyone else mardy and my phone ringing off the hook when it shuts down. :LOL:

Thanks for reading guys and baring with me

Rob

LOL!!!!!! I thought it was to do with our servers at work (as it slowed right down last week while I was at work....and I was on my lunch break! lol) and so I complained to IT Dept and said how crud our network was! Oops!.....Oh well, our systems at work are slow anyway!!! LOL

Typical.....things run slow and people blame us IT bods. You should be ashamed of yourself! :eek: :LOL:

Yeh, but John, aint all you IT bods got a favourite saying...."have you tried turning it off...and then back on again?" LOL!!!!!

Door.............coat.........slinks away quietly...lol.......

Status
Not open for further replies.