Cougar Spotting

Nice one.

Yeah I really never see any at all. In fact I (as i'm sure most of us) get told by people that speak me that they haven't seen another for years. Our motors are getting rarer and rarer and by being in this club we know we have enough support to keep them on the road.

Just passed a Frosty about a mile away from home, couldn't get any more details as rainy and gloomy just the colour and had a spoiler, been ages since I saw another down here.

V64 VKN melina at Earls Barton Classic Car meet this Wednesday. I was there with mine and was told that another Cougar was further down the field but it had gone by the time I had made it through all the rows of cars in attendance. I found it though on YouTube :) This is a very well attended monthly event.

Spotted a frosty driving along the front at Blackpool this afternoon.
Graphics on the rear quarter, twin exhaust, and a large boot spoiler. Not sure what spoiler it was, a bit big for my taste but it followed the shape of the tailgate, like a half oval.

Frosty c1 S809 XAV spotted at Poole Asda this afternoon. Didn't get chance to have a closer look, but looked in ok shape from a distance

Saw this one again today, in the local Tesco this time, it must live around here somewhere:
IMG_20190824_150640.jpg

Not a great photo, sorry. Of course I had to park next to it :). Looks in good shape, Cougar head grill and polished wheels, no fogs and has a cloth interior though, so I'm guessing it's a Zetec(?). No sign of the owner sadly, didn't really have time to wait for him/her to appear. I'm sure we'll cross paths again, maybe I can encourage them to introduce themselves here (y)

Appears in the 'XAV' list - it's obviously retired to the south coast(y)

S809 XAV - Silver Frost - ** - Spotted by dyg3474 in Welwyn Garden City 01/05/2013. Spotted again 13/01/2015 in WGC by spjmorris *spec is not verified.

Spotted this dusty old thing in Huntingdon on Friday. Looks like it's been abandoned [emoji6]
dc8f67b0c4fbb7e2d4618bf4e453b30d.jpg

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Spotted a rather nice frosty in Great Yarmouth earlier - S600GAR

--------------------------------------------------------------

It was good to see you and Vonny, I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday Al. What a scorcher it was, we were very glad of that sea breeze...

Just spotted 3 cougars. Two frosties heading into Gt Yarmouth just after 11.am then a ebony on the roundabout as we turned off to go outdoors in Norwich.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

There are so many classic car events here in Great Yarmouth, that it is sometimes hard to keep up with them. Almost every time I drive into the town there is something unusual to be seen on the roads. I think we also attract a steady number of random enthusiasts who just visit on holiday in the their 'Pride & Joy' without any particular event to attract them. However, what you report is quite outstanding, I will do some research and see what is on this time... Have a safe one... (y)

I’ve spent years driving my cougar, never seen a single one!
today I seen my first very local to me!
X reg ending RPU - Reg doesn’t look familiar but was spotted at 1pm @ the Wheelock Roundabout in Sandbach

Pulled alongside Ebony X901 PNO at 8.30 this morning on the slip road off the A14 at Kettering. I looked in to acknowledge then realised I was in the Mondeo and not my Cougar so thought I'd better not :)

Well, I was amazed to see Frosty on my way home last night, completely standard. The guy driving didn't see me, but he had long hair glasses and baseball cap, not the usual looking Cougar owner. Unfortunately I didn't get the reg, as went by him a little quick. Wasn't until last minute that I saw him in the left hand lane of the A38 just before he turned off. Don't think the owner is on here?

Spotted the first cougar in months today whilst working.
Passed it on the main road out of Skegness about 10:30am.
C2 frosty, reg ending VKM (I think)

One for Rik Edwards, spotted today alive and well. (y)
Its recently had the sills sorted and is about to go in for both bumpers respraying.

IMAG5534.jpg

The chap also has a frosty, which had a front lip taken from a SEAT (he forgot the model though, which is a shame cos now I want one!)

IMAG5532.jpg
IMAG5533.jpg

Reason I was there? I bought a set of wheels which I spotted thanks to Andy posting the lowering springs on the eBay thread.
Then I realised the seller was the same guy I bought the twin exhaust from a couple of years back, and the wheels were from Rik Edwards green cougar we parked next to at Harewood in 2017.
Small world!