Richb & Ria Dough nation sent
RichK Donation sent
Froggy Donation sent
Aussiecat. Donation sent.
D1CKL Donation sent.
localloon Donation sent
Maurice Donation sent
mmikey82 Donation sent

A reminder too that if anyone has sent anything and not posted up to please do so to enable me to check your funds have been received.
Thanks!

Firstly a massive thank you to everyone that's chipped in for what is going to be (I hope) a very fitting tribute to our Chris. I've just got in from the florists and all I can say is that she has made an outstanding job! After a few attempts to create a unique piece, with a slight alteration in the Cougar logo as we all know it, I hope that between myself and Michelle we have created something that will not only be fitting but that everyone will be happy with. It's been difficult for me individually to do this, but I hope the finished article does us all proud and serves the purpose well.

I will elaborate in the finer details tomorrow as at times like this conversation can be hard to make and I'll keep this as my talking point.

One thing I couldn't do was write a card from all of us. I couldn't find the words and actually got quite upset. What I've done instead is to get a small pile of cards from Michelle that I'm happy to distribute at the meet point before hand and we can jot our own little messages down. Maybe something to give Tim at the pub afterwards as that would be a little more personal in my opinion.

With Tims approval, the flowers are going straight to the funeral directors and will be accompanying Chris.

As excited as I was when I saw the end product I was also sad at the realisation of why they were made. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow, just me being honest. I mean that as in a meet with this many people would ordinarily have been awesome under different circumstances.

We better have waterproof ink in the pens to write our cards............such a difficult thing to do without the tears starting. A lovely thought though Kully, thanks for thinking of it.

Great idea Kully (though I have no idea what to say, everything seems trite in such circumstances) and a big thanks for sorting out the flowers, and arranging a fitting tribute to Chris.

No thanks for me mate, it's thanks to everyone who put in to make this piece possible. It is as large as we dare to go with out it looking stupid and it has a slight 3D element to it too. Took some work but the credit has to go to the florist as all I know about flowers is they make me sneeze!

We better have waterproof ink in the pens to write our cards............such a difficult thing to do without the tears starting. A lovely thought though Kully, thanks for thinking of it.

Dark glasses at the ready Viv I reckon.

Kully it will be fine mate, the framed picture and trophy will be with us a lot longer to remember him by

Kully, I will give you some dosh towards the wreath mate when I see you. Unfortunately due to a fraud being committed on my credit card my bank blocked any on-line stuff from happening, which is why until now I've been unable to chip in with everyone else.

See you later today. Tim & Rachel

No worries Tim, if anyone else wants to chip in in person rather than electronically I'll be happy to bank it with the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.